07 November 2013

You're Like A Rocket Through Me

It's been like forever since I wrote my last post. Sorry for the lack of updating my blog :p and now I'm gonna write about last gig I saw which is really unforgettable for me. I went to Guinness Arthur's Day concert in Jakarta on 26th October and it took a lot of struggle to get there and so on but it was worth it in the end of the day. That event is only allowed for 21 and older but when I see Mew on their set list so... screw them, me and my friends are going to see Mew! We're 20 anyway and just a year younger from 21. And there are One Republic and Club 8 also, so that's the other reason I wanna go to Guinness Arthur's Day concert. So we bought the tickets with the pre-sale price which is quite affordable. 

And that day comes. After took my French Course in the morning I went to Jakarta from Bandung at 2 p.m. by shuttle bus and straight to the venue by taxi. It was Saturday and traffic was quite crowded so I arrived in Jakarta at 5.30 p.m. and then I met my friends at Jakarta International Expo, which is the venue, and surprised with long queues. At first I can't got in because the guards checked our ID and of course my real age written on that card, I was shocked and begged her to let me in but she didn't care because I'm not 21 years old yet. Then I met the other friends which is brought the ID and I asked her to lent me the ID after she got in. So after she got in, she passed the ID to me and finally I can got in!

Unfortunately the incident "i can't got in" earlier made me a bit late to watched Club 8, and they were already on the stage when I walked in. They played several songs such as I'm not Gonna Grow Old, Hope for Winter, A Small Piece of Heaven, Jesus Walk with Me, Stop Taking My Time, Leave the North, and my favorites Love in December and Whatever You Want, and so many more. That night Karolina Komstedt and Johan Angergard with the rest of the band wore a black outfit. Karolina was so pretty with a black dress and black boots, she was stunning with her unique and sweet voice. I don't took a good photos of them though but you can check their performance on youtube.

After their performance ended, One Republic is the next band who's going to the stage. They start with big white curtain that cover all over the stage, and they were stand behind the curtain with lightning so that we can saw their shadow through the curtain. They played lots of songs but I don't really know their songs so I just enjoyed the music and they're playing good :) The singer was really talkative and communicate with the crowd very well and he gave the best act to everyone who was in that room. I don't really know how many songs that they played, but they played a medley that made me sing a long and their show was ended with fire and confetti.

The next is the one that I've been waiting for hours. It's MEW! When Jonas, Silas, Bo and the rest of the band entered the stage the crowd was screaming and I was one of them. They played Making Friends for opening. That night Jonas was so fascinating with his melodic, unique, and calm voice plus the effect of the lighting made their performance even more marvelous. Next song is Special and The Zookeeper's Boy that made me jump and sing a long with Jonas and the crowd. Snow Brigade, Shespider, Apocalypso were also played and made me out of energy. The new song of them, Klassen, also played that night. Jonas was so attractive and never stop made us to sing a long with him by playing Hawaii, Am I wry? No,  and 156. Silas and Bo were so fabulous and gave us the best of their performance. And finally the show ended up with the encore, Comforting Sound. While They're played the last song, the confetti was falling down just made the night more magnificent and I was hypnotized by their performance. Too bad my other favorite songs, such as Silas the Magic Car, Louise Louisa, and Sometimes Life isn't Easy, weren't play that night. But I feel satisfied with their performance that night and can't wait to see them again next time. *I wish they'll come back to Jakarta again*

These are some photos that my friend took that night, I ask him to took it with my Iphone cause I have to struggle with my petite body just to get one fine photo. So thanks to him and sorry for the quality btw :p




Jonas Bjerre

That's all from this post, thanks for reading! Have a nice day everyone :)



xoxo,
Trisa

No comments: