18 December 2015

Hey, How Are You True?

Cage The Elephant

First time I have Listened to this band was when I was still in my first year of my uni and the first song I listened to was "Shake Me Down" from their second album "Thank You, Happy Birthday" and I fell in love afterwards. Their next album was "Melophobia" which is my favourite one, it was one of 2013's best rock record and Grammy nominated for Best Alternative Music Album in 2015. Originally from Kentucky, USA then moved to London and appeared on the British Show in 2008 with other musician and group band such as Coldplay, Sia, and so on.

Now, their newest (fourth) album "Tell Me I'm Pretty" just released this week. I've listened to their single "Mess Around" and one of their song in the album "Trouble" which is my favourite in this album. This new album is produced by Black Keys' front man, Dan Auerbach, and you can tell that this album slightly sounds like Black Keys. Personally, I love the warmer and mellower of the album, yet still confident electric rock, garage. I found a little bit 60's psych-ish in "That's Right" and also I found a perfect track for this kind of season which is my second favourite of the album as well, "How Are You True".

http://tellmeimpretty.cagetheelephant.com/

Track List:
1. Cry Baby
2. Mess Around
3. Sweetie Little Jean
4. Too Little To Say Goodbye
5. Cold Cold Cold
6. Trouble
7. How Are You True
8. That's Right
9. Punchin' Bag
10. Portuguese Knife Fight


You can download it here and here's the video of their single, "Mess Around".
See you lovelies :)



xx T


No comments: