06 April 2012

Story at Turkey&Dubai (part 1)

So this friday is a Good Friday, and it's gonna be a long weekend. But long weekend for me is such a usual thing now. Because there's nothing different with my other week. I haven't any schedule on friday. So every week I have a long weekend. But anyway I'd like to say happy long weekend to all of you.

Two weeks ago I went to Turkey and Dubai for some reason. And it was bloody ace. As I said in my last post I'll tell you the trip was. So yeah, I'll tell you from the very beginning till end of the trip. I won't tell you all of them in one post, so maybe I'll make it with parts of every post.

Day one, I and the group took off at 19.30 with Turkish Airlines. And we were transit in Singapore for 40 minutes to continue our trip to Istanbul, Turkey. It takes about 12 hours to Istanbul from Singapore and arrived at the next day at 24 March. The time difference of Turkey and Indonesia is 5 hours, of course Indonesia which is on the east side 5 hours ahead than Turkey which located on the middle of the world. It was friggin cold that time at Istanbul, it's about 12 degrees celcius plus it was so windy. At the second day I went to Kusadasi then Prince Island by a ship. Prince Island is a place where car or motorcycle (vechile) is not allowed. People in the island wants to keep the fresh air and free from pollution so that they are forbidden to use a vehicle. The transportation that we used on Prince Island is a horse carriages or bicycle.



Taken by me from the ship that take me to Prince Island.



Antique shop on the corner of the street at Prince Island.


On day three, I went to Pamukale City and visit leather factory. There was a fashion show in it and they have some models to show their product of leather such as jacket and many more. They have lots of jacket made of pure leather and it costs so expensive. I don't get it why people buy that kind of jacket with those price. I know it's such a good material but the costs are unbelievable pricey. In my opinion, you could buy lots of things more useful than that jacket that you'll not wear everyday in the-hot-summer-air Jakarta.

Next stop I went to Ephesus City which was an ancient Greek city, and later a major Roman city, on the west coast of Asia Minor. It was one of the twelve cities of the Ionian League during the Classical Greek era. In the Roman period, Ephesus had a population of more than 250,000 in the 1st century BC, which also made it one of the largest cities in the Mediterranean world. It was a lovely place to visit, especially who love history and old building. But don't be surprised cause you'll see lots of cats there and I'm absolutely loving it. I wish I could take one of them and bring it back home haha. Yeah I know it sounds silly, but it really crossed my mind.


Some pictures I took at Ephesus City.







After seeing the beautiful and historical Ephesus City, I went to house of virgin Mary. It's not allowed to take picture there because it's a sanctuary place and still used for Catholic to pray. We should keep the noise down because at that time there was some people praying. The place is not really big, but it's so neat and clean. And at the house of virgin Mary the weather as cold as I set my foot at Turkey from the plane for the first time, but cooler. And also cats are lots over there, since then I know that if you want to see lots of beautiful cats walk on the street then you should go to Turkey! Haha.

And house of virgin Mary was the last place I visit before I go to hotel. It's a tiring day and I sleep like a bear hibernating after I touch the bed. Then I think it's time for me to end this post. Don't be sad cause I'll post the rest of my trip on the next post. I also want to post (only) photos that I took there soon. Keep calm and wait the second part of my experience at Turkey and Dubai. Elveda!


xoxo,
Trisa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

last picture with the cat is great! \ www.theephesus.com