18 February 2013

New Chapter

Hello! How's your day lately? Last couple days are really good even though I was quite upset that I had to leave my home and return to Jatinewyork (Jatinangor) since my holiday ended. And today is the first day of class which is not really bad though. So I want to say, welcome to the new semester! I had to say that this is such a big deal to me because I want to improve my IPK. Well wish me luck, readers :)

Anyway, since I don't really know what to do on the holiday so I just watched all the videos on youtube and also find the "narnia" side of youtube which makes me happy cause I find lots of cool songs. But what I want to say is that lately I love listening to Passion Pit. It's an indie rock band from U.S. and just released their new album last year called Gossamer. The band consist of five guys and they are Michael Angelakos as the lead vocalist and keyboardist, Ian Hultquist  as the keyboardist and guitarist, Xander Singh as the synthesizer, Jeff Apruzzese as the bassist, and the drummer is Nate Donmoyer. Passion Pit formed in 2007 and already has 1 albums and 1 EP before Gossamer released. The first EP called Chunk of Change, released in 2008, their first album called Manners and released in 2009 and then Gossamer in 2012. 

In my opinion, they are such a talented musician although sometimes their songs quite similar but obviously they make every song different from one to another and has its own meaning. In addition to creating their own songs, they also made a lot of remixes from other musician such as Phoenix (1901 and Love Like a Sunset), Yeah Yeah Yeahs (Heads will roll), Lady Gaga feat Beyoncé (Telephone), Ok Go (This Too Shall Pass), Tegan and Sara (Alligator), Tokyo Police Club (Wait Up), Two Door Cinema Club (Undercover Martyn), The Smashing Pumpkins (Tonight, Tonight), Beastie Boys (Make Some Noise), and so on.

Their new album, Gossamer, ranked second in the U.S. And the first track is Take a Walk was ranked first in the Canada and fifth in the U.S. When I listen to this album I feel like I was in another place. It gives me peace but also a passion, like their name. I Love their new album and can't stop listening to Take a Walk, I'll be alright, and Carried Away. Here is a cute video of their songs called Carried Away, enjoy the video and see you all in the next post! Cheers!




xoxo,
Trisa

No comments: